Many people are familiar with JoeJoe's story by now through our blog (where you can find updates on him) On January 4, 2009, I received a very distressing plea for help from a good Samaritan in Lebanon, TN. There was a fire in an abandoned home, and when she went to take a closer look, she found a pit bull who was apparently chained to the back of the house and had been burned by the fire. Even though Barbara - our good Samaritan - was a little frightened of him (she admitted that it was due to the breed reputation and not because of anything he did), and she couldn’t leave him to fend for himself. I am so very thankful that Barbara designated herself as his guardian angel. I took JoeJoe to my vet, and EVERYBODY in the office just fell in love with him. He had burns on the pads of his feet and inside both his ears. He also had some small burns on various places on his body. The biggest concern is that Dr. Copeland found that JoeJoe has an infection in both eyes which he thinks was caused by being so close to the heat of the fire. JoeJoe is doing incredibly well, and he is such a little character.