5403 SW Archer Road
29° 36' 32.1084" N, 82° 24' 2.736" W
Alachua County, Florida
What is the Adoption Process?
a. Viewing our pets:
Most of our pets can be viewed on our website in See Our Pets. Our website is updated throughout the week. Please call the GPR office at (352) 692-4773 to confirm when each pet will be available for adoption. We are open for adoptions on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 10am to 6pm. We encourage you to stop by and visit the animals.
b. Application Process:
If you are interested in adopting, we ask that you complete an adoption application and speak with one of our adoption counselors. Our goal is to insure that we are matching the right pet with the right person and to answer any questions you may have.
Click here to print a copy of our adoption application.
c. To be considered as an adopter, you must:
* Be at least 18 years of age and show current driver's license.
* Have consent of your landlord.
* Be able & willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment and proper care for a pet.
* Read and sign the "Before You Adopt" handout.
* Complete the adoption application and interview process.
d. Our Adoption Fee is $100 (on most animals) to cover:
Canine/Feline Vaccinations (FVRCP, DA2PP)
Occult Heartworm Test (dogs)
Feline Leukemia Test (All cats & kittens)
Feline Leukemia Vaccination
Fecal & Deworming for intestinal parasites
Monthly Flea Control & Heartworm Preventative
Voucher for free visit to Veterinarian
Pet Health Insurance FREE for 30 days
And all other healthcare needed while animal is in our care.