P.O. Box 4324
39° 25' 15.96" N, 76° 37' 35.76" W
State of California
All applicants are thoroughly screened and must meet certain qualifications before being referred for a terrier.
1. Review the Bad Dog Talk which represents the worst case scenario of owning a JRT
2. Every applicant must first fill out an adoption form (either using the online or printed form).
3. All rescue dogs must have containment (fence, kennel).
4. We do not place dogs in homes where there are children under six years of age.
5. We have few dogs that are good with cats.
6. We rarely place terriers of the same sex together in one home (i.e., fighting).
7. We never suggest that JRTs are suitable for metropolitan living.
8. We do not suggest placing terriers where the terrier must remain at home alone for extended periods of time.
9. All applicants are thoroughly screened and must meet certain qualifications before being referred for a terrier.
10. Compatible terriers may not be immediately available; your patience is appreciated.
11. Filling out an application does not guarantee that we will place a terrier with you.
12. All terriers in Rescue are spay/neutered.
13. A adoption fee to Russell Rescue, Inc. is required to adopt a terrier.
An adoption contract must be signed.